Why Chambers Plan
Top 10 Reasons to Choose the Chambers Plan
- Rate Stability – Let’s face it – shopping for employee benefits isn’t something you want to have to do every year. With the Chambers Plan’s built-in rate stability, you won’t have to. That’s because with over 30,000 businesses participating in the program, your claims are spread out over this large pool. The result is stable premiums from year to year, regardless of the claims you and your employees submit.
- No Minimum Firm Size – your company is eligible to apply even if it’s a one person operation.
- No Industry Restrictions – all for-profit businesses are eligible to participate as long as they are members of a Chamber of Commerce or Board of Trade.
- Guaranteed Approval – with 3 or more full-time people, you can choose options that guarantee coverage to you and your employees without medical questionnaires and underwriting.
- Guaranteed Renewable – the Chambers Plan guarantees that your firm can renew coverage as long as you continue to pay your premiums.
- Not-For-Profit – The Chambers Plan operates under the direction of the not-for-profit Chamber Insurance Corporation of Canada.
- Outstanding Service – The plan’s service centre works in concert with your exclusive local Chambers Plan advisor to give you the answers you need, when you need them.
- Fast, Accurate Payments – Most health and dental claims turn around in under 48 hours. You can also select benefits that provide you with a drug card and allow for electronic dental claim submission resulting in instant claims processing.
- You Choose the Coverage – your Chambers Plan advisor will help you design a plan that suits your needs while staying within your budget.
- You Control the Cost – why pay for a package with benefits you don’t want? You can customize your Chambers Plan to ensure that you get top value for your dollar. Whether you’re a solo entrepreneur, home-based business or part of a larger firm, benefits are a very important part of your financial security. The Chambers Plan creates a solid foundation for that security, based on a benefit program designed specifically for small-business owners, just like you.
All it takes to join is membership in a participating Chamber of Commerce or Board of Trade. You’ll get the security you need, along with a benefits program that’s personalized for you and your company. You’ll also get:
The Chambers Plan has no industry restrictions, and your plan can never be cancelled, as long as you pay your premiums. Plus, the Chambers Plan offers guaranteed coverage amounts for businesses with three or more employees.
The Plan’s flexibility lets you design an employee benefit program for any budget. Your Chambers Plan allows you to choose the coverage you want – from Life and Disability, Health and Dental, to Business Overhead coverage and even Critical Illness Benefits – all at a price you can afford.
Let’s face it – shopping for employee benefits isn’t something you want to have to do every year. With the Chambers Plan’s built-in rate stability, you won’t have to. That’s because with over 25,000 companies participating in the program, if one of your employees files a large claim, it’s spread over a large pool – so you’re guaranteed more stable rates from year to year.
Our Customer Service Centre can answer employee questions immediately. You can also access your plan’s coverage from anywhere, any time, on our my-benefits website.
Claims are paid promptly, most within 48 hours, and can be deposited directly in your employees’ bank accounts. Prescription drug benefits can be provided instantly at the pharmacy.
Your Chambers Plan offers more than just financial support. You’ll also have access to Best Doctors® services and discounts on eyewear, laser eye surgery and hearing devices. You’ll even have access to Business Assistance Service, providing management services and human resource coaching.
All employees have access to my-benefits health®. Our health and wellness site provides easy access to reliable health tools and resources allowing employees to choose the best course of action for their families.
Request a quote today to get a personalized proposal from one of our advisors.
Connecting to the Chamber…
Over 600 businesses and organizations in St. Thomas & the surrounding district are registered as Chamber Members and enjoy a wide range of benefits and programs in addition to seeing their membership contribute to significant activity through the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Be Seen… Be Heard… BELONG!
Connecting to Business & Connecting to the Community
The St. Thomas & District Chamber of Commerce provides multiple opportunities for our Members to create awareness, to source and stimulate new business through “Business After 5″ and a calendar of over 22 events each year. Our on-line connections via our Facebook Page & Group, Twitter and LinkedIn give Members direct access to information plus opportunities to share their own news, information and promotions. The Chamber’s website sees weekly traffic averaging 2,200 – 2,500 unique visitors, with over half of them using our online business directory to get information on local products and services. Our weekly “Green Mail” newsletter is an invited guest delivered to more 1,100 inboxes every week with news and information about business for business.
Membership Benefit Programs
Businesses and organizations that are Chamber Members have access to a growing number of discount and benefit programs. In many cases, Chamber benefits extend to all employees and members of their immediate families. The Chamber’s Member Services staff can provide details on all programs in-person at the Chamber office, via telephone at 519-631-1981 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Check the Chamber website for the full list of program Members can participate in with savings on credit and debit card processing, fuel, courier services and many other products used daily by small, medium and large-size businesses and organizations. Just click on the “Membership” tab on the top of our home page at www.stthomaschamber.on.ca
Supporting the Chamber through membership means you’re supporting a lot of activity aimed at getting and keeping jobs in our market. We provide information that encourages individuals, groups or businesses to consider residential and commercial investment in our communities. Maps, brochures, labour/market data, community profiles, directories, and other documents to assist anyone considering moving or investing in our area.
Locally, provincially, nationally and internationally, the Chamber is known as “The Voice of Business”. Making the views of business known to governments, legislators, the media and the public is a Chamber specialty. We’re dedicated to encouraging plans and policies that will enhance the positive growth of business in our communities.
The Consumer-to-Business Link
We provide referrals and recommended sources for products and services to customers on behalf of our Member businesses. This can be particularly helpful to a new business whose identity has yet to be clearly established in the community. We also provide mediation services for customers seeking satisfaction from Member businesses and organizations.
Business Information Services
Keeping our Members informed and aware of changes affecting the welfare of their business. Everything from government legislation to demographic trends; from marketing to new business opportunities.
Connections that Connect You
The opportunity for building connections and business with associates, clients, and business neighbours is provided within our calendar of annual activities such as our popular, monthly “Business After 5″ events; our annual Members Golf Day, Free Enterprise Awards, the State of the Municipalities Luncheon with our area Mayors, and our Outlook Economic Forecast Luncheon; or through display and trade-show events such as a regional event we hold in partnership with the Chambers of Commerce in our region, or our annual business show during National Small Business Week each October. From digital marketing information to social settings that include fine wines and the arts, the Chamber brings people together.